On February 26, 1894, Mr. W. S. King applied to the South Georgia Conference for the privilege of building a house of worship in Bonaire, Georgia. The conference granted the request. The first building was built on land donated by Mr. King, and was completed in September 1894. The Reverend M. B. Ferrell preached the first sermon in the church on the fifth Sunday in September 1894. His text was Deuteronomy 6:6-9.
Between 1894 and 1908, one hundred twenty-eight people
joined the church. Ms. Minnie Lee Watson was the first member. Since 1894 until the present, a total of fifty-two pastors have served at Bonaire.
When the need arose for additional space beyond the capacity of the 1894 Chapel, the church purchased the 144 Elm Street Building from the Bonaire Baptist Church. The first service at this new location was on Easter Sunday, March 30, 1990, preached by Reverend Al Lewis. Under the leadership of the Rev. Jay Tucker, the Main Sanctuary building was constructed and opened in February 2013.
Thanks to Dave Holly, Church Historian, for providing the information for this history.